Multiplication- as it should be done (Vedic math)
Ever been thwarted by a math exam because of your slow or inaccurate multiplication, even when u know your trigonometry ratios. Here’s a method to uncomplicate your life and save you the invaluable time in your math exam
This method mainly states multiply diagonally wherever possible and if not, multiply vertically
Brief history (as if you wanna know😏!):
This method was obtained from the Sanskrit Vedas, and therefore is considered a part of Vedic math but you don’t want me babbling about its history, so here is the method…
1) You would first want to take out a piece of paper 😛
Ok fine, I get it… for real now
1) For this example, we’re going to multiply 141 and 132
2) Then we’re going to consider the leftmost digit of both the numbers and multiply them. In this case 1x1. Write the product i.e. 1, underneath. Like this:
3) Next, we take the 2 leftmost digits of both the numbers and multiply them diagonally, add both the products and write it alongside 1
4) Now we consider all the digits, multiply the extremes diagonally, and multiply the middle digits vertically, and add all 3 products. As the sum is 15 we write the 1 subscripted to the 7 and the 5 underneath.
5) Now we consider the digits at the ones and the tens unit of both the numbers and multiply them diagonally and do the usual (you must’ve got the hang of it by now).
6) Now we consider the rightmost digits and multiply them vertically
7) Now you got to add the carry overs. And voila!! You got your answer. Simple, right?
Same principle for a different number of digits… multiply diagonally whenever possible and vertically when not possible. This method also has another benefit. It gives you the most valued digit first, which can help you estimate and works a wonder in competitive exams!
Some words of caution:-
· Take care of the place values. Tens should be under tens, hundreds under hundreds,
· Make sure you add the products. Not multiply them.
you find it tedious to calculate the square root of numbers? Think its too long of a method? Here's something that might help!!!
This is my first article here, hope you guys like it. Comment below for help or what you wanna see me write next. Reviews are highly appreciated. Stay tuned for more awesome work from me…
Have a nice day showing off your super mathematical powers to your friends
You Might Also Like :-
- Basics of Trigonometry
Enjoy your high school with - High School Pedia : www.highschoolpedia.com
You may also like:
Important mathematical constants
Sets, Relation and functions
Clock And Calendar
Permutation and Combination
Square Root(Vedic Maths)
Inverse Trigonometric functions
2-D & 3-D GEOMETRY
Human and Plants Cells
High School Pedia- www.highschoolpedia.com
Vedic mathematics these days is gaining popularity because of its speedy and accurate calculations. Calculations are an integral part of any profession today and the ability to do it quickly and accurately definitely is an important skill that anyone would desire to have.ReplyDelete
Visit On:- Vedic mathematics sutras
Phone no - +91-9654271931
Online learning is an educational mode allowing students to take part in different courses and programs using the internet. In online tuition, students don't need to waste their time going to the lecture halls or classrooms, rather they can decide to learn whatever from any part of the world. For online tuitions you can call - +91-9654271931.ReplyDelete
Wonderful piece you got here , I feel quite happy after I read your Article because I found out that we still have intelligent informative researchers who can still take time out of their busy schedule to put all this together SOMEONE FOUND OUT HOW EASY IS TO OBTAIN A FAKE MALAYSIA PASSPORT THAT WORKS FROM HOME I've bookmark your site and furthermore include RSS. keep us refreshed all the time.ReplyDelete
Y’all don’t forget to join this EXPERTS TELEGRAM GROUP for more information about the Malaysian passport and how to acquire them easily with no stress. You can also take advantage to learn and meet many Experts who will guide you on numerous techniques for anyone who love hacking and don’t know how to go about it .