- It is the normal force acting on a per unit area of the surface.
- The S.I. unit of force is Pascal or N/m^2.
- It is denoted by'p'.
Pressure = Thrust/Area
and by this formula, we can get the following formulae:
- Thrust = Pressure*Area
- Area = Thrust/Pressure
Do You Know
- 1 N/m^2 = 1 Pascal
- 1 bar =10^5 Pascal
- 1 atm =1.013*10^5 Pascal
- 1 torr = 133.33 Pascal
Factors Affecting Pressure
- Pressure is directly proportional to the normal force acting. On increasing the force, the pressure increases.
- Pressure is inversely Proportional to the surface area. On increasing,the surface area, the pressure decreases.
- Broad handles are provided in suitcase and bags.
- Cutting edges of knife are sharp.
- Camel is known as the ship of the desert
- Nails and pins have pointed ends.